Hello lovelies! Happy Tuesday? Maybe? I’m all thrown off this week. I spent part of this weekend in Boston seeing Paramore (for the fifth time!) and my mind is still there at the concert haha. They’ve been my favorite band since middle school, and I swear their live shows just keep getting better and better. But, moving on! You guys are here for the nail polish! Since I was away this past weekend, I missed the zombies prompt of the Halloween challenge that I’m taking part in. So, that’s what I have for you right now. Let’s get to it!
Here is what I used:
Zombies or a rose garden? Because I’m not entirely sure haha. I saw these zombie illustrations and thought the idea of the brain kind of peeking through the zombie skin was neat, so that’s what I attempted. But, I don’t think it worked out too well in the end. Meh.
- Start by applying two coats of I Beleaf In You.
- Dry brush on a little bit of Hunter.
- Then using a detail brush and pink acrylic paint, add on some random blobs.
- Go back in with red acrylic paint for the brain detail.
- Once that’s dry, outline the brain matter with some green acrylic paint.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a coat of Glossy Glam.
So, what do you guys think? These nails aren’t a total lose, but I think the colors I used were maybe just a tad too bright. Maybe if I had greyed everything out a bit, it would have been more spooky. Let me know what you think though? Also, have you ever attempted a design like this before? I’d love to see some other people’s versions of this!
Thank you guys so much for reading! Make sure to stop by later, because I’ll have another Digit-al Dozen post up. See you later!