Oh hello, again! Did you miss me? Since you know, it’s been like three hours since my last post? No worries if you answered no, because I’d probably be saying the same thing haha. But, I’m back anyways! This past Friday, everyone participating in the 26 Great Nail Art Ideas Challenge shared some yellow nail art. So, let’s get to the nails!
Here is what I used:
The exact prompt for this weekend is yellow plus another bold color. Which I kind of cheated on because I added teal and red, but that’s alright. This pattern by Yayoi Kusama was calling my name, and it ended up working perfectly for this theme! Who doesn’t love a little twist on the primary colors?
- Start by applying three coats of Loyal And Just.
- Once that’s dry, use white acrylic paint and a detail brush to add on the random squiggles.
- Then go back over the paint with Not-So Emerald City.
- When that’s dry, go back in with red acrylic paint and a detail brush for the final touches.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a coat of Glossy Glam.
So, what do you guys think? I have to admit that I’m absolutely smitten with this look! Just the way that the teal holo contrasts against the bright, yellow base is making me happy haha. Overall, this was a really great design to create because it really didn’t take that long to paint these four fingers (you could even cut the time down further if you skipped the white paint step.) But, make sure to leave me a comment down below with your thoughts because I love hearing them!