Oh hello…again. I’m back with more winter-y nails for you guys! Told you guys that I had a bunch to share with you. I’ll try to keep this post on the shorter side since the earlier one was a little long-winded haha. Anyone down for a quick walk through winter wonderland?
Here is what I used:
One of my coworkers saw these nails, and asked if she could name them “winter wonderland nails” so that’s where this whole theme is coming from. Her thinking was pretty spot on, so she’s been dubbed my nail manager haha. Actually her and another co-worker argue over who is my actual manager, but yeah, moving on! The inspiration for this look was this Winter Dream illustration by Hayden Williams.
- Start by applying three coats of Yeti Or Not.
- Paint liquid latex around your nails (this is optional, but keep in mind that cleaning blue polish off of your cuticles can be tough.)
- Then use a fan brush to lightly paint on Sia, At Vase Value and Shower Together. Keep the color concentrated near your cuticles and then taper it off closer to your tips (almost like a mixture of the waterfall and dry brush techniques.)
- Peel off the latex / clean up.
- Paint on the stars and polka dots with acrylic paint and a detail brush.
- Clean up again if necessary.
- Finish with a layer of Tonic Topper (I recommend two layers since Yeti Or Not dries textured and Tonic Topper is on the thinner side.)
And there we have it! I feel like I’ve been ending all of my posts the same way lately, but I can’t figure out another way to wrap them up. Anyways, this was a fun look! I’m a little bummed about how bumpy Yeti Or Not is even with a coat of topcoat, but the sparkle is really pretty so I’m going to try and work with it some more. But, what do you guys think? Leave me some of your thoughts down below!
Thank you guys so much for reading! Check back tomorrow for more nail art!