Hello lovelies! Happy Monday? Has anyone figured out if you can actually have a happy Monday yet? All I know is that I’m exhausted and this week is going to be a rough one haha. Anyways! Nail polish. This past Friday, the Nail Crazies Unite posted their watercolor inspired nails. I’m a little behind on sharing mine, but I have them ready for you now!
Here is what I used:
Also, my nails are just downright nubby at the moment and I am so not happy about it. I somehow managed to give myself a pretty bad break on my index finger in my sleep. I’m really sure how I did it, but yeah it happened, so bear with me while my nails grow back. But moving on! This nail art was inspired by this painting created by Amanda Michele.
- Start by applying two coats of Did You Ear About Van Gogh?
- Then apply liquid latex all around your nails.
- Water down Brick Sidewalk, Mallory and Darcy with some acetone and dab it on with a fluffy brush.
- Peel off the latex / clean up.
- Add a layer of Always over top.
- When the base is dry, use acrylic paint and a detail brush to add on the pattern.
- Clean up again if necessary.
- Finish with a coat of Glossy Glam (not pictured.)
And that’s a wrap! It’s been a while since I’ve broken out the watercolor technique, and I completely forgot how much I love it. The colors used here mixed together a bit oddly, but I’m still digging it! This look will be one that I have to remember to recreate when my nails get longer, because I hate my nubs. But, make sure to leave me a comment down below with your thoughts!
Thank you guys so, so much for reading! Don’t forget to check back tomorrow for more nail art!