Oh hello…again! There’s going to be a little bit of double posting happening this week, because I have quite the backlog of things saved up at the moment. Instead of letting things go unposted, I’m just going to share it with you guys now! So, here are some long overdue water inspired nails. Onto the lily pads!
Here is what I used:
Water is such a generic theme, so this was a fun prompt to see what everyone else came up with. Usually for a prompt like this, I would have painted a more tropical “under-the-sea” look but I came across this pattern (that I sadly don’t know who created it) and thought it would be fun to try something different. And it totally paid off, because I’m in love with this look!
- Start by applying two coats of We Make Your Dreams Come Blue.
- Apply liquid latex all around your nails.
- Then using the smoosh technique, add on I Am The Narwhal, Manna’s Mystical Masterpiece and Blue A Fuse.
- Peel off the latex / clean up.
- One the base is dry, use acrylic paint and a detail brush to add on the pattern. I found it best to paint the lily pads on with white, follow that with the different greens and then apply the white details.
- Clean up again if necessary.
- Finish with a coat of Glossy Glam.
Guys, this nail art could be easily be one of my favorites (that I’ve painted) of this entire year! We Make Your Dreams Come True is such a stunning polish, and I’m so happy that I was able to snag one of these beauties. Plus, the patten turned out super cute too. But, let me know what you think down in the comments!