Hello lovelies! Things have been kind of quiet over here at Polish Those Nails lately, and I wish I could promise that things will be back to normal but, unfortunately, I can’t. ): Things are really crazy right now at work, but we’re in the home stretch (six days) and then life should level out a bit and I can get back to a more consistent (and not overwhelming) blogging schedule! There’s some really fun challenges coming up that I want to take part in, so hopefully you guys will stick around till those start. Until then, I have some unicorns to share with you guys. So, let’s get to it!
Here is what I used:
Last week for the ABC Challenge, we tackled the letter U, which was not surprisingly difficult! I can only think of one nail polish brand that begins with that letter and, of course, I don’t own any of their polishes. The thought of searching through my collection and looking for a name that started with “U” seemed like too much effort as well (hashtag I’m lazy,) so I pulled out my unicorn charms instead!
- Start by applying three coats of Pink Lemonade & Elephants.
- Then apply liquid latex all around your nails.
- Once that’s dry, use the smoosh technique to add on Leslie, Pippa, and Grass Is Lime Greener.
- Peel off the latex / clean up.
- Add a layer of Stardust.
- Use acrylic paint and a dotting tool to add on the random dots.
- Finish with a layer of Glossy Glam.
- Place the unicorn on with a little bit of extra topcoat (use nail glue if you plan on wearing the charm for a while.)
This manicure is fairly simple to achieve, but I absolutely loved how these turned out! Smoosh manicures have been rocking my world lately, and the addition of Stardust on top of this one made it a million times better. But, I want to know what you guys think! Also, what would you have done for a manicure inspired by the letter “U?” Unicorns seem to be an obvious choice, but maybe I missed something else super easy.
Thank you guys so, so much for reading!