I’m back with another post for you guys! This time around it’s for the Nail Challenge Collaborative. This month’s theme is pets and I’ll admit, I’m already struggling with this one…
So, let’s get to it!
I bet you’re all thinking, “Marisa, what in the heck kind of pet did you try and paint, because these look like nothing?!” I totally read your mind, right?! Yeah, mine too haha. I’ve been struggling to come up with ideas for these, so I thought I would nails inspired by pets that I wish I had. So, today’s nails are inspired by Australian Shepherds! Or least kind of? Maybe? Yeah, this plan isn’t going too well…
2. Add a layer of Glossy Glam.
3. Apply liquid latex around your nails. I learned this time around that neon green liquid latex stains white polish, so be careful if you’re using a colored one….this is making me curious as to why the neon green was a good $2-3 cheaper than the other colors when I ordered it….anywho!
4. Dab some of the other polishes on your nails and swirl the colors around with a brush dipped in acetone.
5. When that’s dry, use a brush to dab some black polish on randomly (I used Chantal, previously reviewed here.)
6. Peel off the latex and clean up.
7. Add another layer of Glossy Glam.
So, these nails are a bit of a fail. I do actually like how the nails look (minus the green stains,) but they don’t live up to how beautiful the Australian Shepherd is. One of these days I will one up these nails by owning an Australian Shepherd, but until then these will do. I’m definitely going to have to think of a new plan for this month’s theme so I can create some awesome nails. Any suggestions are welcome!
press samples // some products in this post were previously provided in exchange for an honest review