Super duper late post tonight….whoops….it’s been a strange day…. But I wanted to slip this post in before Friday was over so… Total random side note before we get to the nails, but incase you didn’t see my post on Instagram. I’m having a little poll to see what indie brand you guys want to be swatched next for my Indie Weekends series! I put together a list of four brands and all you have to do is comment saying which one you want to see. I’ll keep the “voting” open until tomorrow (10/1) at 11:59 PM. Here’s the link to the photo!
Anywho, let’s get to the nails!
Here’s what I used:
At least I have cool nails for you guys to look at! This is where the 40GNAI challenge gets kind of neat. For today’s themes we were all assigned the same color, but people were assigned different patterns codes. So when you look at all of the designs down in the InLinkz, you’ll see over 40 different ways to wear teal polish. Cool, right?
- Start by applying two coats of Selene (I suggest doubling up on base coat, because this stains ?)
- Then using the dry brush technique add on Cecilia.
- Once your base is dry, paint on some random blobs of Wednesday.
- Go back in with the same brush but use Dark Horse to add the outer details of the leopard print.
- Add a layer of Glossy Glam.
- When that is dried, go back in with a brush and Chantal (review here) to add on the drips.
- Clean up.
- Add another layer of Glossy Glam.
I feel like I can’t call myself a real nail art addict, because this is only the third leopard print design I’ve ever painted haha. It’s usually not a look that I’m drawn too, but I think adding the drips made these look pretty neat! They’re a little over the top but it’s cool ? What do you guys think? Would you wear these?
press samples // some products in this post were previously provided in exchange for an honest review
prize // some products in this post were previously won in a giveaway