Hello again! I have one more post to share with you guys. This time my post is for the haunted house theme for the Challenge Your Nail Art group! I’m going to try to keep this post short, because I’m sure you guys are tired of me haha. But, onto the polish!
Here is what I used:
Can you guys believe that this manicure was my first attempt at a radial gradient? Those things are definitely harder than you would think. Tamara (Canadian Nail Fanatic) makes it look so easy! I need her to teach me her ways. But moving on, the inspiration for this look came from these children’s paintings on Tales From A Very Busy Teacher’s blog.
- Start with three coats of Lavender / Silver (great name Forver 21…)
- Apply liquid latex around your nails.
- Use a makeup sponge and the other purple polishes to create a radial gradient.
- Peel off the latex / clean up.
- Add a layer of Drama Sheen over top.
- Then using acrylic paint and a detail brush, add on the haunted house art.
- Clean up again if necessary.
- Finish with a layer of Glossy Glam.
So, there we have it! I’m not totally thrilled with how these turned out, but I’m pretty happy with the outcome. I wish I had done all of the nails to match my middle finger and pinky, but there’s always next year. I was able to knock out an untried with these nails though, so that’s always a plus! Drama Sheen added such a nice touch of shimmer and helped smooth out my attempted radial gradient. But, what do you guys think? What would you have done for a haunted house manicure? Let me know down below in the comments!
Thank you guys so much for reading! I’ll see you guys back here tomorrow for more Halloween nail art.