Happy Sunday lovelies!
Guess whose behind with posts again? Me! We’re going to blame it on being sick and randomly falling asleep when I’m trying to get things done…
Anywho, onto the polish!
Here’s what I used:
More pink nails…this week is just starting to get weird haha. But this past week’s theme for the 40 Great Nail Art Ideas Challenge was pink and lilac, and my personal theme was splatter. I was not looking forward to this week at all, because splatter manicures are messy and a pain to do. I thought I’d save myself some trouble by using watered down acrylic paint (credit to Lucy’s Stash.) But oh man, NOPE! I’m just going to reference this photo and leave it at that.
- Start with two coats of Leslie.
- Paint liquid latex around your nails.
- Use saran wrap and the other polishes to create a smooshed base (Glass Pink previously reviewed here.)
- Peel off the latex / clean up.
- Follow Lucy Stash’s tutorial to do the splatter with watered down acrylic paint (I highly recommend applying more latex! Even though acrylic paint washes off with water, my nails and skin were stained black….it was super cute, but not something I’m trying to recreate.)
- Clean up again.
- Finish with a layer of Glossy Glam.
Even though these were super messy to recreate, I really loved the final outcome! The splatter looks so cool and I’ve been loving saran wrap bases for nail art lately. I will definitely be doing more splatter manicures in the future (liquid latex is a must though!) What do you guys think? Are you a fan of splatter manicures?
press samples // some products in this post were previously provided in exchange for an honest review