So, I totally didn’t mean to disappear for a little bit (….it was really only two days, but it feels like forever….,) but yeah, the three day weekend definitely threw me off. This post should have been up yesterday, but we’re just going to pretend that I had this up on time 😉 Make sure to check back later for a Blogger Takeover post too!
But, let’s get onto the nails!
Here’s what I used:
This week we all set out to do shattered glass manicures. I recently reviewed some flakies from Lady Queen, and was excited that I’d get to play with them again for this!
- Start with three coats of McAlester (previously reviewed here.)
- Then start placing the flakies into a coat of wet topcoat.
- After the flakies set for a little bit, clean up.
- Add a layer of Glossy Glam.
- Once dry, add on the drips using Hippocampus (previously reviewed here) and a dotting tool.
- Clean up again if necessary.
- Add another layer of Glossy Glam.
I have to say I’m not sure crazy about these nails /: I really like the idea of them, but I wanted to see what the flakies looked like over a sparkly base and the overall look is just too messy. I’ll definitely have to remember to recreate this using a plain colored base, so that the flakies show better! But what do you guys think? Yay or nay?
press samples // some products in this post were previously provided in exchange for an honest review