Good evening lovelies! Wow, this post is going up later than I expected. Today has been a little weird since I ended up only working a half day. My plan was to come home and work on blogging stuff, but instead I got sucked into cleaning (side note: my apartment looks ah-MAZING right now.) Moving on though. It’s the final day of the Digit-al Dozen rainforest week, so let’s get to it!
Here is what I used:
For my final look (which was actually the first one I painted…whoops,) I wanted to break away from all of the greens and deep blues (not that there’s anything wrong with those) that I utilized earlier in the week. So, I was super stoked when I came across this illustrated GIF by Tristan Gion because it was the perfect inspiration for what I wanted. Plus, isn’t the illustration just stunning?!
- Start by applying two coats of Toxic.
- Then using some small pieces of ripped makeup sponge, dab on Light Of Lyra and Butterfly Nebula.
- Once that’s dry, use a detail brush and acrylic paint to add on the background leaves.
- Go back in with some white acrylic paint and a smaller detail brush to lay down the base of the waterfall.
- Layer 3.5 Degrees (press sample) over the white.
- Add some dots of 3.5 Degrees around.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a coat of Glossy Glam.
I usually save my favorite manicures for my last Digit-al Dozen post, and this week is no exception. Any manicure that lets me pull out some of my Tonic beauties is a win in my books, and I’m loving this mix of colors. So, I guess this means that rainforest week is now over. Make sure to let me know what you guys thought of this month’s theme down below!
Thank you guys so, so much for reading! I hope you all have a lovely weekend, and maybe check back here if you have a chance because there may or may not be some fun things happening 😛
press samples // some products in this post were previously provided in exchange for an honest review