Oh hello, again! With this post I’ll be caught up with the 31 Day Challenge! Woo! So many explanation points…But yeah. Today’s look is all about polka dots and I may or may not have gone a little ham with them. It’s totally cool though. Keep scrolling to see what I mean.
Here is what I used:
The inspiration for these nails came from this print that I believe was designed by Nina Warmerdam. She has some really beautiful work on her website and I love the idea behind her Imprint Project (she created a new pattern every 48 hours.) I miss creating my own patterns, but I just don’t have the time for it at the moment. Maybe once this challenge is over and work slows down a bit, I can get back into it! I really loved the little “sketchbook inspiration” series I had going on a while back, and it would be fun to bring back.
- Start with two coats of Yves (I suggest doubling up on base coat, because this is a stainer.)
- Then add a layer of Ragdoll.
- Once the base is dry, use a small dotting tool and Charlotte to put down some polka dots.
- Let those set for a little bit, then go back in with a another dotting tool and acrylic paint to add the even smaller dots.
- Allow those dots to dry a bit before going in with a large dotting tool and Ay Poppy!
- When the orange dots have set slightly, add on the black spots with acrylic paint.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a layer of Glossy Glam.
This is another manicure that I wouldn’t normally wear, but sometimes it’s fun to wear something different. Maybe I’ll try this look again, but with a different color combination that is more my style. I have a feeling that this would be a really cool monochrome design! What do you guys think?
Thanks for reading guys! Check out the inLinkz below to see what everyone else has been up to!