Oh hello again, lovelies! Did you miss me? Probably not, but it’s cool. We can still be friends. There are three days left in November, and I haven’t posted any manicures for The Nail Challenge Collaborative. Whoops! Luckily, there are three days left of the month and I have exactly three designs done for the theme. Which was a total coincidence, but I’m going to run with it. Prepare yourself for some polka dots, because there are plenty coming your way!
Here is what I used:
These photos have been sitting on my computer since the beginning of the month. Actually, these were what I was wearing on Election Day. Why do I remember that? I don’t really know, but yeah. I’m semi beating myself up over not making the green dots red, because you know, America. Anyways. This look was originally inspired by this print (that is linking to the tumblr, Colorgram.) But, I ended up just winging it in the end.
- Start by applying three (?) coats of Lake Michigan At Midnight.
- Then using a small dotting tool, add on some spots of Genesis. Try to make these dots evenly spaced out.
- Once those are dry, use the larger end of the dotting tool to add dots of Corpus Callosum (previously reviewed here) over top.
- Finally use the smaller end of the dotting tool again to add some sparkle spots with Wishes, Cake & Glitter.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a layer of Glossy Glam.
And there we have it! Not going to lie. This theme bummed me out at first. Polka dots are so overused, but it has been fun figuring out ways to take dots to the next level and not falling back on a traditional design. Which, there is nothing wrong with a classic polka dot manicure, but they aren’t my style so I tend to avoid them. I am happy with how these turned out thought! I love how bright Corpus Callosum got when it overlapped the dots of Genesis. The little spots of glitter adding a fun, little twist as well. What do you guys think? Polka dots. Untouchable or overdone? Let me know down below!
press samples // some products in this post were previously provided in exchange for an honest review