I’m super excited about today’s nails, so I’m not going to waste time with an intro.
Onto the nails!
Do you see the little, tiny type that I painted? I don’t think I’ve ever attempted type like that before, and I’m stoked that you can actually read it haha! I was so nervous that it wasn’t going to be readable.
1. Start with your base polishes. Moving from left to right, I did: two coats of Snow Me White, two coats of Chantal (previously reviewed here,) three coats of Pippa, and three coats of Poppy (previously reviewed here.)
2. Then using a striping brush (which I forgot to put in the bottle shot….) and My Dogsled Is A Hybrid, I painted on the “frames” (I don’t know what else to call them haha….)
3. Add a layer of Glossy Glam (I forgot to put this in the bottle shot too….oops!)
4. Then using a detail brush and acrylic paint, paint on the title.
5. Clean up.
6. Add a layer of Glossy Glam.
I should probably tell you what book these were inspired by….probably be smart. Anyways, the book I chose for today is Kate Moross‘s Make Your Own Luck: A DIY Attitude To Graphic Design & Illustration. I’m only about halfway through the book, but I’m loving it so far! It’s always interesting to read about how a designer/illustrator got to where they are today, and it’s truly inspirational to learn just how hard they worked to get there. The book is definitely helping kick my butt into gear when it comes to the design world. I’m realizing that even though I found a job in the field so soon after graduation, I still need to be coming up with my own projects and ideas to keep moving forward. I can’t wait to finish reading this!