Hello lovelies! Happy Tuesday? Maybe? I’m working a short week this week, so today is kind of like my Wednesday. Aka I’m happy haha. Anyways, all of us in The Digit-al Dozen recently started doing manicures to celebrate members birthdays so it’s time to share our November looks. This month we are celebrating Serene from Copycat Claws, Carmina from Cubbiful and my birthday! Keep reading to see my first attempt at some drip marble nails!
Here is what I used:
Drip marble nails. Wow. These things are so freaking cool, but SO messy! At least for me. I suck at applying decals, so this look was definitely a struggle. Make sure to check out one of these videos from My Simple Little Pleasures to see some better examples of this technique. Anyways, the inspiration for this look came from this painting that I believe was created by Leslie David?
- Start by applying a layer of base coat.
- Then on an UberChic Mat, drip six drops of Love.Angel.Music.Baby into a rectangular shape.
- Well that’s still wet, drip the next color over those dots.
- Repeat step 3 until you’ve used all your selected polishes.
- Pick up the mat and begin twisting it in different directions, so the polish flows into each other.
- Once you’ve achieved the desired marble, allow it dry.
- Peel the decal off that mat and cut it into strips.
- Working one nail at a time, apply another layer of base coat and apply one of the decals.
- Clean up the excess.
- Dab on a little bit of Monet.
- Finish with a layer of Glossy Glam.
Now, for a first attempt at a new technique. I’m not mad about how these came out, but there is definitely room for improvement. If anyone has any tips on how to apply decals easily, let me know! I always end up making such a mess of my cuticles. Anyways, make sure to leave me a comment down below with your thoughts!
Thank you guys so much for reading! Also, make sure to check back later for some more nails (: