I have another quick post for you guys today. Sorry that that seems to be the theme this week, I don’t know what my problem is but I’ve just been super tired and it’s making me lazy about blogging. Meh ):
Anywho, let’s get to the nails!
Here’s what I used:
Today’s new to me technique/product is “alcohol ink!” I was so excited about this idea until I realized that I own India Ink and not alcohol ink….I’m not a 100% sure what the difference is, but this ink was not nice to my cuticles and even seeped under a coating of liquid latex. Jerk….
- Start with three coats of Over Sized Sweater.
- Apply liquid latex all around your nail.
- Working one nail at a time, add some drops of ink to your nail and let it set for a few seconds.
- Soak up the ink with a tissue.
- Repeat steps three and four until you get the effect you want and then on all of your nails.
- Sprinkle some loose glitter into the wet ink.
- Clean up (this step seriously sucks because the ink stains badly.)
- Add a layer of Glossy Glam.
- Place the charm into the wet topcoat (I suggest nail glue if you want it to last.)
Regardless of how messy this left my cuticles, I’m so in love with this look! I love it so much that I might even be tempted to try it again, because I think I have some teal ink hiding in my art supply drawer. Maybe. What do you guys think? Would you try this technique?