Good morning lovelies!
I’m back with my second Digit-al Dozen post today! This post will be kind of quick, because I totally fell asleep last night really early (hashtag so old 😱)and am trying to write this before work….whoops haha….
Onto the nails!
Here’s what I used:
For my second new-to-me technique, I decided to tackle lead-lighting!
- Start with two coats of Push And Shove and a layer of Rainbow Prisms.
- Paint on the black pattern with acrylic paint and a striping brush.
- While the pattern was drying, I *attempted* to create my own jelly polishes by mixing a bunch of my base coat in with the other polishes.
- When those reached a consistency that I thought would work, I filled in some of the spaces with the help of my detail brush.
- Clean up.
- Add a layer of Glossy Glam.
Two things I learned while doing these nails:
- It’s hard to do this technique if you can’t stamp.
- It’s also hard if you don’t own jelly polishes….
They turned out pretty neat though! The base isn’t as sparkly as I would have liked, but I could see myself wearing these again. What do you guys think? Have you tried lead-lighting before?