I have some super exciting news to share with you guys, and it’s that I’ve recently joined the Digit-al Dozen group! I seriously can’t put my excitement into words, because I’ve been wanting to (read: dreaming) about joining this group since it was created years ago. Everyone in the group has been so sweet since joining, and I’m so stoked to post alongside these awesome nail artists! But, enough gushing (hashtag ick…)
Let’s get to the nails!
Here’s what I used:
This week we’re doing manicures either featuring a new to us technique or going back and revisiting something we’ve improved on since the past. I decided to do all new techniques, because well, setting yourself up for failure is fun….woo! Also, I decided to show you guys my least favorite manicure first, because yeah, these don’t look too hot but I’m pumped about what I have to show you guys for the rest of the week.
- Paint some blobs of Hunter on a Ziploc bag.
- Once the polish starts to set on the baggie, use the dotting tool to draw lines through the blobs. If your lines are filling in, you’ll need to let the polish sit a little longer.
- When the blobs were dry, I added a layer of the Double Duty Base/Top Coat.
- Let the decals dry over night.
- The following day, apply two coats of The Ghost Shift and a layer of Wishes, Cake, & Glitter on your nails.
- While the base is drying, use tweezers to peel the decals off of the baggie.
- Working one nail at a time, add a layer of topcoat and gently place the decal onto your nail. Cut off the excess and repeat until all your nails are done.
- Clean up again.
- Add another layer of Glossy Glam.
Unfortunately, I have no idea who came up with this technique /: All I remember is seeing a few videos of it on Instagram, but if you know who started this, let me know! I don’t think this look is a total fail, but it was definitely one of those ones that looked better in my head. One, it didn’t photograph well and two, I think by placing the decals into wet topcoat it caused the edges of the lines to start bleeding so there’s more green than open space. But I tried and I promise that the rest of this week’s manicures will look way better! 😀