Guess who missed yesterday’s 40 Great Nail Art Ideas challenge post…again….this is probably like the hundredth week in a row that I’ve been late with these posts (it really hasn’t been that long, but you know what I mean. Hopefully.) Anywho! I’m going to try really hard to get myself to stick to a blogging schedule, so don’t mind me while I throw up a bunch of random posts this weekend. Monday is the start of a new week! (I mean Sunday is technically the start, but I go by work weeks and those begin on Mondays….but just ignore this rambling…)
Onto the polish!
Here’s what I used:
This week everyone participating in the 40 Great Nail Art Ideas challenge had to tackle neon nails! My personal prompt was squares, so here is what I came up with. Neons aren’t really my thing, but I was kind of shocked to look back and see the last time I posted neon nails was in August of last year….dang.
- Start by applying two coats of Broca’s Area (all polishes previously reviewed here.)
- Then using white acrylic paint and the Pure Color #10, paint on the base of the squares.
- Go back over the lines using Corpus Callosum and On-Off Cells.
- Paint your studs with Amygdala.
- Place them on the nail with some topcoat.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a layer of Glossy Glam.
Regardless of whether or not neons are actually “my thing.” I really liked these nails! Broca’s Area is such a beautiful polish, and I love how it paired with the other colors. What do you guys think of this look? Too in your face or would you rock these?
Thanks for reading guys!
press samples // some products in this post were previously provided in exchange for an honest review