Happy New Year! I totally meant to have this post up yesterday, but I spent a good chunk of the day reorganizing my polish since I got a second helmer for Christmas.
Here’s what I used:
This is actually my final manicure for last month’s The Nail Challenge Collaborative theme…..but yeah, I’m going to get my life (read: blogging life) together this year guys! I can feel it! Real life? Meh, not feeling getting that one together anytime soon haha.
- Start with one coat of Rose (previously reviewed here.)
- Use a detail brush to randomly dot on the other polishes. (Broca’s Area was previously reviewed here and swatches of Teal Another Tail are here.)
- Clean up.
- Add a layer of Glossy Glam.
I wasn’t going to set any blogging resolutions for 2016 because I basically failed on all of the ones that I set last year, but we can try this again.
- Be organized – this one goes for blogging and real life. I’ve been missing a lot of posts in the past couple of months and then just throwing like two to three posts a day at you guys at the end of the month. I’d like to stop missing posts, get better at remembering to promote posts, and respond to emails in a more timely manner. I’ve already started working on this one by planning out my posts and I have a planner coming in the mail soon, so I think I can pull this one off!
- Be more social – this one was on my list last year, and I kind of succeeded at times. I have a habit of just reading blogs and looking over posts, but not commenting on anything. So, I’m going to start working on interacting more with other bloggers and my readers. I’ve realized that I don’t really have any friends that I talk with in the blogging community on a consistent basis, so I’d like to change that (this makes me sound totally desperate haha!)
- Do end of the year wrap up posts – THIS! I wanted to do these for this year, but I never got myself organized enough to pull it off (and this is why the first one is so important.) A lot of stuff did happen this past year in real life, so I’m going to cut myself some slack (I mean….I graduated college, moved out of my mom’s house, started a full time job right after school, left said job, and just started another full time job….so yeah, I’ll excuse myself.) But yeah! I’ve already set up some documents on my computer to help me throughout the year so I can write these at the end of 2016!
- Have fun – this one doesn’t really need an explanation, but no more stressing out about creating “perfect” nail art or my follower numbers. I’d like to put more of my own personality into the blog too. I have a habit of trying to come across all happy and perky in my posts (even though I usually don’t sound it,) and it makes writing kind of tiring at times. I’m actually super sarcastic (and swear a lot) in real life…so we’ll see how it goes haha *insert someone singing Let It Go*