Today’s post is going to be a quick one, because it’s super late and I need to get some sleep…but what else is new? 🙈
So, onto the nails!
Here’s what I used:
Oh boy, look at those nakey nails! We’re doing negative space nails for the Nail Challenge Collaborative, which I have missed feelings about so this month should be fun…
- Start by applying a base coat. I’ve been using Sally Hansen’s Double Duty Base & Top Coat.
- Once that’s dry, use a brush to paint on some squiggly lines using liquid latex.
- Working one nail at a time, paint a layer of Live And Let Die over the latex once it’s dry.
- Peel off the latex.
- Clean up the edges.
- Add the different glitters on using the detail brush.
- Clean up again if necessary.
- Add a layer of Glossy Glam.
Here’s why I have mixd feelings about this theme: I have stained nails therefore I hate not having polish on (I actually never leave the house without it on….,) but I really like how these turned out! The liquid latex ended up working so much better than I thought it was going to, and I love all of the glitter. If I were to recreate this in the future, I’d probably add a layer of a sheer polish to cover the yellow stains but oh well. So, I’m curious to hear what you guys think though! Are you a fan of negative space nail art?