Good morning lovelies! I totally ended up disappearing again for a few days and I really need to knock that off. I’m just always so tired by the end of the week, and that means that blogging gets pushed to the side. But, I seem to be more on track for this week! So, let’s see if I can get it together haha. Moving on! What are your thoughts on mint nail polish? Hopefully you dig it, because that’s the focus right now!
Here is what I used:
Mint is one of those colors where I’m never actually sure if I have the correct shade or not. Does anyone else struggle with that? To make it easier for myself, I pulled out two polishes that had the color right in the name so I wouldn’t be questioning it haha. The pattern layered over the base was inspired by this print by Rebecca Atwood.
- Start by applying two coats of Mint Apple.
- Then apply liquid latex around your nails.
- Once that’s dry, use the smoosh technique to add on Greenglow and Mint Cream.
- Peel off the latex / clean up.
- Use acrylic paint and a detail brush to add on the pattern.
- Clean up again if necessary.
- Finish with a layer of Tonic Topper.
Something about this look just feels so fitting for a nice, quiet Sunday. Am I crazy or are you guys seeing it too? These colors are making me want to curl up in bed with a book and a cup of coffee while it rains outside. Too bad I have to clean haha. Anyways, make sure to leave me a comment down below with your thoughts! I’d love to know what you think!
Thank you guys so, so much for reading! Make sure to check back later for some more nail art!