I hope your Tuesday is treating you well so far! If not, I have another Lady Queen review to share that might help perk you up 😛
Onto the nails!
Here’s what I used:
This time around I’m going to be reviewing these iridescent flakies? I’m honestly not sure what to call these things, but they remind me of like mylar flakies so that’s what I’ve named them 😛 I ended up placing these individually into wet topcoat, because that’s what I found easiest for me. These did take a little bit of effort to work with mainly, because some of the pieces in the container are large and don’t like to bend which then led to the corners sticking up out of the polish. I ended up sealing my design with two coats of topcoat (which covered the worst of the bumpiness,) but I think a layer of Gelous or a gel polish would have led to a completely smooth finish.
- Start by applying two coats of Sia.
- Working one nail at a time, apply a layer of the SinfulShine Topcoat (press sample – review coming soon!) You want something that is going to be slower drying so you can place the flakies.
- Using the dotting tool, I picked up the flakies and placed them into the wet topcoat. Make sure to push gently done on the edges without messing up the polish beneath.
- Once I had done steps 2-3 on all my nails, I went back in with the acrylic paint and detail brush for the design.
- Clean up.
- Add two layers of Glossy Glam.
Even though these were a little tough to work with, I really liked this design! I wish I could have worn these for longer because they’re a nice break from all of the holiday designs I’ve been doing lately. How would you guys use these in a manicure? Let me know!
press samples // some products in this post were previously provided in exchange for an honest review