Happy Monday lovelies! How is everyone’s week looking so far? Mine is already shaping up to be pretty stressful, and I am so not looking forward to it. So, hopefully your week will be better than mine haha! I am going to Polish Con this weekend though, so I’m super excited for that! Are any of you guys going? Anyways, we’re still trucking along through the 31 Day Challenge and day twelve calls for some stripes.
Here is what I used:
I kept my stripe nails relatively simple, since the design had to be something that I could recreate on both hands. My co-workers know about my blog and nail art, but we haven’t reached that level of comfort where I can show up to work rocking two different manicures haha. But moving on! The design was loosely inspired by this print created by Magnus Voll Mathiassen.
- Start with three coats of African Violets (previously reviewed here.)
- Add a layer of Day Trip To The Islands.
- Then using a detail brush and acrylic paint, add on the black wavy lines first.
- Go back in and add on the straight lines.
- Once those are dry, use a small detail brush and acrylic paint to add on the yellow stripe.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a layer of Glossy Glam.
So, what do you guys think? At first, I was a little bummed that Day Trip To The Islands covered up so much of the base (my hope was that the holo would at least peek through a little bit.) But, I’m actually really happy with how these turned out! The design was pretty easy to accomplish and the base was so cool to look at. Let me know if you would wear this look!
Thanks for reading guys! Like always, remember to check the inLinkz below for more stripes!