I’m officially changing the name of this feature from Indie Fridays to Indie Weekends, because I rarely get these posts up on Fridays haha. I’m continuing through my KBShimmer polishes, so let’s get to the nails!
*All swatches shown with 1 coat of Glossy Glam.
First up is Urban Camo! I’m showing you guys one coat over two coats of Luxe Lacquer’s Chantal. This is a multi chrome polish that shifts from green to an orange color.
I’m not the biggest fan of multi chrome polishes, and this might be the only KBShimmer polish I own that I don’t like. It’s at no fault of the polish and it was easy to apply aside from some brushstrokes. This finish just isn’t for me. I did notice while wearing this that it stayed mostly green.
Here’s a bonus photo that kind of captured the color shift.
Next up is Low And Be Bold!
These photos show three coats of polish. This amazing, cobalt blue polish was super easy to apply!
I can’t get enough of this type of blue polish, so this one is a win for me! You could probably get away with two coats but I really despise VNL, so I went with three. This does seem to be a bit jelly like, and it didn’t dry as quickly as some of my other polishes but its nothing that a quick dry topcoat can’t fix.
I have nail art for you guys too!
I’ve probably done this same design a dozen times at this point, but I can’t help it! It looks lovely with the green. I actually didn’t mind wearing Urban Camo when I had the nail art over it!
1. Start with two coats of Luxe Lacquer’s Chantal.
2. Apply a coat of Urban Camo.
3. Using acrylic paint and a striping brush, add on the curvy lines.
4. Clean up.
5. Add a layer of Glossy Glam.
Now the look with Low And Be Bold!
These are more photos that I’ve had done for a few months now…whoops. At least you get to see them now though!
1. Start with two coats of a white nail polish. I used Sinful Shine’s Snow Me White.
2. Drip your polishes into a container filled with room temperature water.
3. Swirl the rings around until you get a design you like.
4. Dip your fingers into the polish. I protected my skin with hair glue from Sally’s.
5. Clean up.
6. Add a layer of Glossy Glam.
Here are some macros:
Both of these polishes can be purchased from the KBShimmer store. Urban Camo retails for $8.75 a bottle and Low And Be Bold can be purchased for $7.50. Check out these links for more information: