Hello again lovelies! Have you guys prepared yourself for the onslaught of holiday and Christmas nail art that is coming your way this month? Every single challenge that I’m taking part in is having holiday themed prompts, and I’m still not in the mood for red and green manicures haha. I’ve been doing a decent job at avoiding them for now, but I can’t speak for next week. Note to self: get around to painting nails for next week… Anyways, today’s look is more on the abstract side so keep reading to find out more about it!
Here is what I used:
Like I mentioned above, this month is all about the holidays and The Nail Challenge Collaborative group is doing a holiday season theme. I came across this set of Christmas cards Vistaprint by and thought it might be fun to do a bunch of manicures inspired by cards! We’ll see how this pans out later in the month, but I’m excited to give it a go.
- Start by applying two coats of Clear Skies.
- Then using a fluffy brush dipped in acetone, dab on a bit of Frozen. Concentrate the color more towards the center of your nail.
- Use a detail brush and white acrylic paint to add on the little trees and small dots.
- Go back in with a larger dotting tool and gold paint for the larger dots.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a coat of Glossy Glam.
So, what do you guys think? I’m loving these so much! The design is holiday themed, but it’s abstract enough that it isn’t over the top. The little arrows walk the line between Christmas trees and just being geometric elements, which I find that to be really neat. Cleverly, thought out design is something that makes me happy (: Anyways, make sure to leave me a comment down below with your thoughts!
Thank you guys so, so much for reading! There may or may not be one more post coming your way tonight, so check back later 😛