It’s Fridayyyyyyyyy! Woo! Does anyone have anything exciting planned? Mine will be spent working on blog things, so there should be some fun stuff happening in the next week or so (:
Anywho, let’s get to today’s nails!
Here’s what I used:
Hahaahaha…..so these nails…..yeah, they’re a bit of a hot mess haha! This is where the challenge starts to get difficult because sometimes the colors and patterns don’t play nice with each other. Like today…….This week’s colors are orange, purple, and green and my pattern theme is mermaid….which I had no idea what to do, so I did these! ?
- Start by applying two coats of Desire Of Suitors.
- Then apply liquid latex around your nails.
- Once that’s dry, dab on the other polishes (Anne previously reviewed here) and use a brush dipped in acetone to swirl them around.
- Peel off the latex, and allow your nails to dry.
- Paint the scales on using the detail brush and acrylic paint.
- When the scales are done, go crazy with rhinestones (multi chrome rhinestones previously reviewed here,) pearls, and glequins.
- Clean up.
- Add a layer of Glossy Glam.
Mermaid nails are one of my favorite looks, but these just aren’t doing it for me. They kind of remind me of a diseased, zombie mermaid meets neon, rave dancer…..yeah, I don’t know ha! And I think I finally figured out my Halloween costume for next week 😛 I’d love to hear your thoughts on these, so leave me a comment below!
press samples // some products in this post were previously provided in exchange for an honest review