Hopefully everyone had a good weekend! I spent most of mine curled up in bed with a box of tissues….being sick is fun…..some weekend, right? Anywho, I have my post for this month’s Hobby Polish Blogger’s link-up.
So, onto the nails!
Here’s what I used:
It’s been so long since I’ve posted gradient nails….like no joke, the last one I was posted was back in September….dang haha. Anywho, yeah, gradient! I know I used to avoid doing them because clean up was horrible, but now that I own liquid latex there really is no excuse for my lack of gradient-ing (yeah, I made that up…..)
- Start with two coats of Lillian.
- Once that’s dry, apply liquid latex all around your nails.
- Add on the gradient of Lillian and Reva with a makeup sponge.
- Peel off the latex and clean up.
- Paint the design on using a detail brush and acrylic paint.
- Clean up again if necessary.
- Add a layer of Glossy Glam.
I’m actually pretty happy with how this gradient turned out! I find that shimmer-y shades are kind of hard to use because the color usually soaks into the sponge and you get nothing but shimmer on your nail. But yeah! My line work could be a little better, but the design is based off of this African Tribal Artwork called Pongo, and the lines on that aren’t perfect either. So, it’s fine 😛 What do you guys think? Would you wear this look?