Do you guys know what time it is? (No, it’s not mail time….and yes, I just got hit with a super wave of nostalgia. That was weird…) But anywho, it’s Digit-al Dozen week! I love DD week (Like the Digit-al Dozen “DD” week, not Dunkin Donuts week…which I don’t even know if that is a thing. But it totally should be! I don’t really like their coffee, but it’s coffee and coffee is king.) And I can already tell that this is going to be a long week, because I’m rambling and I’m already too tired to go back and rewrite any of that….so it’s staying….for reals.
ONTO THE NAILS!
Here’s what I used:
This time around our theme is gradient plus *insert whatever you’d like here.* I’ll admit that I was kind of dreading this week at first, mainly because I never do gradients in my nail art. But then I realized that I could literally paint anything I wanted on top of a gradient and it would fit the theme. SCORE! Expect to see a bunch of randomness this week, because I basically just painted whatever I thought was interesting at that moment in time so there’s some weird stuff coming up 😛
- Start with two coats of Demetria.
- Then add on the gradient! I followed Cotton Coney‘s tutorial for a distressed look and she does a way better job at explaining the technique, so check out this photo for more information on that. (Side note: Love Is In My Cards was previously reviewed here.)
- Once the gradient is dry, apply liquid latex around your nails.
- Watermarble using the Unnamed Forever 21 polish and Sally Hansen’s Hard As Nails (not pictured and I’m also not sure I recommend using it in marbles. The polish spreads really well in the water, but sometimes it looks like it’s starting to break down the polish ring around it so you get this really strange watermarble/waterspotted thing that doesn’t transfer very well on the nail. Hence the bumps and bubbles.)
- Peel off the latex / clean up.
- Finish with a layer of Glossy Glam.
Example number one of weirdness: a red gradient….like why did I do this? My camera doesn’t photograph red polishes well (these looked way better in person,) and I don’t even like wearing red nail polish (I was kind of shocked that I was able to find five polishes that semi-flowed together in my collection.) Unfortunately, I’m not a fan of this look. I think the overall idea could be gorgeous (if you like red polish) but my execution was sloppy and these remind me of Darth Maul…..and I don’t even like Star Wars, so I’m not really sure why I made that connection. But I’m happy with everything else I have prepared for the week, so we can only go up from here! Right? Let me know what you guys think of this look down below!
Thanks for reading guys!
press samples // some products in this post were previously provided in exchange for an honest review