Hello again! Are you guys ready for some more nail art? Last week the Challenge Your Nail Art group tackled gradient nail art, so here is my take on it. Late. As usual, but I did it. So, let’s get to it!
Here is what I used:
Now, please don’t hate me. But, I really don’t like gradient nail art…yeah. That’s right. I said it haha. Now, I may or may not have a personal vendetta against them since I have a strict no gradient rule in my design work. But still. I love glitter gradients! But, I can never manage to get normal ones to blend smoothly and it drives me bonkers. This is why you never see them on the blog, because I can’t get the polishes to blend together seamlessly and not look like two chunky blocks of color. *insert crying emoji*
- Start by applying two (or three) coats of Heaven From Hell.
- Then apply liquid latex all around your nails.
- Using a makeup sponge, dab on a gradient of Heaven From Hell and These Lights Will Make You Feel Brand New.
- Peel off the latex / clean up.
- Add on the pattern using acrylic paint and a detail brush.
- Clean up again if necessary.
- Finish with a coat of Glossy Glam.
Anyways, back to this nail art! As you can guess, I’m not a fan of how the gradient turned out. The contrasting, glitter-filled polishes most likely worked against me on this one, but luckily the pattern saves the overall look! It was inspired by this design that I believe is from gathernomoss. So, yeah! Leave me a comment down below letting me know what you guys think, because you guys are the best and I love hearing your opinions! 😀
Thank you guys so much for reading! Don’t forget to check back tomorrow because there is going to be even more nail art for you guys!