Hello lovelies! Wow, it’s been a little bit since my last post. Whoops. Polish Con was this past weekend, and I got to teach one of the tutorial tables! Most of last week was spent prepping for it, so blogging kind of fell by the wayside again. BUT! I’m on track to finish up the 31 Day Challenge (a little after the original end date but oh well.) Today I’m showing you guys my look for day ten of the challenge, and that calls for some gradient nails. So, let’s get to it!
Here is what I used:
Aye! Guess who got distracted while writing a blog post again? This girl! So, I have no idea where this post was going. BUT, I do remember that I used this set of patterns (from 7th Avenue Designs) as my inspiration for this nail art. With the amount of sticky notes that I use, you would think I was an organized human being. But, nah. A messy head equals a messy life, and yeah. This is getting weird. I’ll stop.
- Start by applying two coats of My Dogsled Is A Hybrid.
- Then using Cotton Coney‘s streaky gradient technique , add on Scream, Turned Up Turquoise and Amazon…Amazoff.
- Add a layer of The Sky Is Our Canvas (giveaway prize) over top.
- Once that’s dry, use the fan brush and dry brush technique to add on the white acrylic paint.
- Follow that with some white dots.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a coat of Tonic Topper.
And that’s a wrap! It’s been a while since I’ve done gradient nails, but I loved wearing these! The design was really simple to execute, but one of my coworkers said that these reminded him of Van Gogh’s The Starry Night. So, yeah. Five minute nail art that gets that kind of compliment? Yes, please! Anyways, make sure to leave me a comment down below with your thoughts!
Thank you guys so, so much for reading! There might be one more post coming your way tonight, so make sure to check back later just in case.