Hello lovelies! Late post tonight…whoops. I spent most of today cleaning and organizing, and am just now getting ready to blog. I’ve had a ton of nail polish sitting on my desk (some of it has been sitting there since my birthday last month >.<) and I finally got it all put away! The only downside is that I’m realizing that I need a third helmer…meh haha. I’m still not sure how I feel about that realization, but I may or may not have put one on my Christmas list (: Anywho! Nail art. Today’s look is all about glitter and icicles, so let’s get to it!
Here is what I used:
A couple of days ago, the Challenge Your Nail Art 12 Days of Christmas challenge was calling for some glitter nails. Luckily, I had just received my very first Celestial Cosmetics order which included Don’t Get Your Tinsel In A Tangle. The name is perfect for the holidays, so that’s what led me to do a teal glitter base.
- Start by applying three coats of Don’t Get Your Tinsel In A Tangle.
- Add a layer of Ocean Front Property on top.
- Then add a layer of Sea Bubbles.
- Once the base is dry, use a detail brush and acrylic paint to paint on the icicles.
- Use the dry brush technique to add a little bit of Wishes, Cake & Glitter over the them.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a coat of Tonic Topper.
Teal is not a “traditional” holiday color, but I’m loving how it works here. I love those big circle glitters in Sea Bubbles! The icicles idea was a totally random one too, but they make a really lovely half moon nail art design. So, overall I’m loving this look! I want to know what you guys think though, so make sure to leave me a comment down below with your thoughts!
Thank you guys so, so much for reading!