Hello (again) lovelies! I’m sneaking in a little late night post for you guys, because it’s Digit-al Dozen week! This month marks the fourth year of the group being in existence, so we’re all posting manicures involving the number four. My first look is this neon look featuring the same design in four different colors!
Here is what I used:
At first, I was super confused as to what this theme meant but I have some fun things prepared for the week. So, now I’m excited haha! This first look is inspired by these cool envelopes from Karolin Schnoor!
- Start by applying one coat of Wisp.
- Then on an UberChic mat, lay down a layer of Glossy Glam.
- Once that is dry, apply some wave vinyls (mine are from Whats Up Nails) and make decals using all the other polishes.
- Peel off the vinyls and allow the decals too dry.
- Then working one nail at a time. Apply a layer of Wisp and then lightly press a decal into the drying polish.
- Clean off the excess decal.
- Once that’s dry, add on the polka dots using a dotting tool and corresponding polish.
- Go back in with a detail brush and acrylic paint for the white dashes.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a layer of Glossy Glam.
This design. Holy crap. As much as I love this, I had so many freaking problems painting these! First, I tried sticking the vinyls directly to my nails but was wearing a peel-off base coat. So, yeah, all of the polish peeled up with the vinyl. Then, it took me three tries to make the decals because my layer of topcoat kept peeling off with the vinyls. Eventually, I realized that I had to stick the vinyl to the back of my hand a few times before using it. But ugh, this look was definitely ruined for me haha. I should have just sucked it up and freehanded it, but oh well. At least the neon colors are fun! What do you guys think? Worth the trouble or nah?
Thanks for reading guys!