Hello again!! Did you miss me? It’s been an hour since I posted last, but you know, I’d miss me too 😛 Anyways, I have my final look for this past Digit-al Dozen week! Finally! It’s only taken me two weeks, but this look is really fun so get ready for some 80s nail art.
Here is what I used:
See what I mean? There are so many colors and squiggles and shapes! Who doesn’t love all of those things? This pattern by Hoonju Ko was the inspiration behind this design. It looks like there are some really cool prints on that site, so it might be a good one to bookmark for future inspiration!
- Start by applying your base polishes. I used two coats of polish for my index and ring finger, and then three for my middle and pinky.
- Once that is dry, use white acrylic paint and a detail brush to add on some random squiggles.
- Then, use a lighter, coordinating polish to paint on the larger shape outlines.
- Go back in with black acrylic paint and a detail brush to add on the center shapes.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a layer of Glossy Glam.
Skittles manicures usually aren’t something that I rock, but I’m really digging this color combination! I know I have a habit of using the same colors over and over again (I’m looking at you blue…,) but it is always fun to experiment with different things. Regardless of colors, 80s patterns are one of my favorite nail art looks, so the design is a total win for you! What do you guys think? Have you ever tried wearing a design like this before?
Thanks so much for reading guys! Check out what the other ladies did below, because they’re all awesome and actually post their manicures on time 😛