Hello! Don’t mind me while I squeeze a quick post in this morning. I’m just now getting into the “inspired by” portion of the challenge, so this is where things are going to start getting interesting! There are a few prompts coming up that always stump me, but maybe the third time is the charm when it comes to tackling them. Anywho, I have my “inspired by a color” nails to share with you guys now. So, onto the polish!
Here is what I used:
Like previous years, I interpreted this theme as “inspired by a nail polish color.” That’s what Chalkboard Nails does and she’s the pioneer behind this whole challenge, so it’s totally cool haha. This year I chose a polish called Leaves In The Lake, so I added some leaves over top. This was a super literal approach but it looked lovely!
- Start by applying three coats of Leaves In The Lake.
- Then using a detail brush and a detail brush, add on the leaf shapes.
- Dab a little bit of Wanderlusting onto the leaves.
- Once that has dried, go back in white paint for the leave steams (or “leaf bones” as a co-worker called them haha.)
- Clean up.
- Top with a layer of Glossy Glam.
And there’s that. I’m really happy with how these turned out! The base polish is stunning, and I’m really happy that I was able to try out another new-to-me brand. This was a great “introduction” polish to Great Lakes Lacquer! I’m excited to try out the other polishes that I bought. But I always love hearing what you guys have to say, so leave me a comment down below with your thoughts.
Thanks so much for reading guys! If you’re looking for some more nail art inspiration make sure to check the inLinkz below!