Oh hey….again! I told you guys that I had some late night posts (emphasis on that “s”) for you guys! Yesterday, everyone participating in the Challenge Your Nail Art Halloween challenge posted their gradient nails and here are mine. My last Halloween look was pretty traditional, but this one is kind of out there and I’m loving it! Whose ready for some bats?
Here is what I used:
See what I mean? Bats are a standard when it comes to Halloween decorations, but don’t they look so much cuter over the sparkly, pastel base? The inspiration for this look came from this pattern that doesn’t link to anything which is so not cool people! Credit your pins, dang it! Ugh. Back to the nails though.
- Start by applying two coats of Wisp.
- Then using a fan brush, paint on the gradient using Pink Break (previously reviewed here,) Blu and Caitlin.
- Add a layer of Iocaine Powder.
- Once that’s dry, paint on the bat pattern using acrylic paint and a detail brush. I found it easiest to add on the bats first, then fill in the remaining space with the other elements.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a layer of Glossy Glam.
I really really like how these turned out! This look was a pain in the butt to accomplish though, but that’s what happens when you go to paint gradient nails and realize that you’re out of makeup sponges and liquid latex… Also, bats are kind of hard to paint. The one on my pinky is a little derpy looking, but I still think he’s cute! So, what do you guys think? Do you typically go for more traditional (think orange, black, or red nails) Halloween nails, or do you try to do something outside of the box? Let me know down below!
Thank you guys so much for reading! I’m not sure if the inLinkz are working down below, but hopefully you guys follow some of the other bloggers participating in this challenge.
press samples // some products in this post were previously provided in exchange for an honest review