Hello lovelies! I’m going to sneak one more blog post in today. So, now I’ll be totally caught up with the Challenge Your Nail Art group. Yesterday, everyone in the group posted their red manicures so here is mine!
Here is what I used:
The base of this manicure might be one of my favorite layering combinations to date! When I first tried Alicia I was bummed at how sheer it is, but it works really well as a topper! Look at those holo flakies?! Zoya is seriously messing up by not releasing this finish in every color imaginable. Just picture a yellow or gold with those bits in it? Oh, or a neon orange! Dear Zoya, PLEASE!
- Start by applying three coats of These I Like.
- Add a thin layer of Alicia over top.
- Once that’s dry, use a striping brush and acrylic paint to add on the red lines.
- Use the larger end of a dotting tool to add the red dots onto the intersections.
- Let those dry for a bit before adding on the smaller, white dots.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a layer of Glossy Glam.
The inspiration for this look came from this amazing Halloween make up that I believe was done by Nelly Recchia. I’m seriously so in love with how these turned out! Some of the line work is a sloppy and my dots aren’t uniform, but the contrast between the red and sparkly base is incredible. I’m also really digging the fact that this design isn’t in your face Halloween, but it’s enough that you could get away with wearing it with your costume. But, as always leave me a comment down below with your thoughts. I seriously love reading your comments and it means a lot that you guys take the time to leave them<3
Thank you guys so, so much for reading! Enjoy the rest of your night, and remember that I’ll be back tomorrow with more nail art!