Haha. So. Hi guys. Yeah, I’m sneaking in one more post. I promise this will be the last one till tomorrow though! Last Friday, the Crumpet’s Nail Tarts posted their winter warmth manicures for the 26 Great Nail Art Ideas challenge. I obviously missed out, but I’m back now with my nails for it! Can you guess what I was inspired by?
Here is what I used:
Did you figure it out? Maybe? If not, I’ll wait while you scroll back up to the post title. My winter warmth nails were inspired by scarves! For some reason, I couldn’t wrap my head around this theme but once I saw this scarf it clicked for me. These nails aren’t a recreation of that exact scarf, but the design is still pretty plaid-esque.
- Start by applying two coats of Cashmere Sweater.
- Add a layer of Leaf Of Faith over that.
- Once that’s dry, use a striping brush and black acrylic paint to add on the grid. Make sure to leave an open space for the row of dots.
- Then using a dotting tool and gold acrylic paint, fill in the empty rows with dots
- Clean up.
- Finish with a layer of Glossy Glam.
So, what do you guys think? I’ve mentioned before that I love gridded nail art, but it’s bothering me how sloppy these lines are. Ugh haha. I need to stop trying to rush things. I am happy with how the base looks though! Leaf Of Faith is one of my favorite red polishes, but I don’t always have time to wait for it to dry (I’m impatient haha.) I’m glad that it looks wonderful layered over other red polishes! Make sure to leave me a comment down below with your thoughts!