Oh hey, guys! I’m back again (with a super late post!) I am determined to finish the 31 Day Challenge by October first, so stick with me because we’re going to kick butts this week! …..that was slightly violent, but I’m sort of digging it. Anyways, I have some half moons to share with you guys. So, onto the nails!
Here is what I used:
These are like the teeny, tiniest half moons I’ve ever painted before. Wow, this is why I shouldn’t do nail art super late at night. Anyways! The inspiration for the blue pattern came from this print that is linked to this Tumblr (but I don’t think that is the creator D: ) It seriously bums me out so much when people don’t credit things on Pinterest. Like, come on man! Get it together!
- Start by applying two coats of Pink Lady (previously reviewed here.)
- Then using the dry brush technique, add on a little bit of Darcy.
- Once the base is dry, free hand on the half moon shape using a detail brush and Wisp.
- Cover the rest of your nail with Wisp.
- Paint the blue pattern on with acrylic paint and a detail brush.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a layer of Glossy Glam.
So, what do you guys think? Are these a fun twist on the classic half moons look or is it too overboard crazy for you? These nails looked a lot better in my head, and for some reason didn’t turn out too well in reality. The blue bits are a little sloppy and I should left more of the pink and yellow mixture showing. But, oh well. You win some and you lose some. I’m going to keep on painting though 😀
press samples // some products in this post were previously provided in exchange for an honest review