Man, we are definitely off to a late start today…I’m going to blame it on the fact that I haven’t had any coffee…meh. But, I’ve spent most of today painting nails trying to get ahead for the challenge and now it’s time for some yellow nails so let’s get to the polish!
Here’s what I used:
This look is kind of different from what I usually paint, but I’m digging it! The design is inspired by this Ralph Coburn collage.
- Start with three coats of April.
- Add a layer of Always.
- Once that’s dry, paint on the brown stripes with a striping brush.
- Then carefully paint in the yellow shapes with a detail brush (try not to overlap the brown lines too badly.)
- Go back in and clean up the brown lines.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a layer of Wax That…
Yellow isn’t a color that I wear much, because it tends to clash with my skin tone but I could have rocked these nails for the week! That’s easily the worst part of this challenge. You push yourself to paint these really cool designs everyday, but then you can’t actually wear them for long because of having to paint the next look. Blah haha. I have some things that I’m looking forward to sharing with you guys, so I’m not bumming too hard though 😛 Let me know what you guys think of this look!
Thanks for reading guys!