GUYS! GUYS! GUYS!
It’s September! You know what that means, right?! It’s time for the 31 Day Challenge! This will be my third year in a row taking part in this, and I honestly have no idea why I decided to do it because I basically have no free time anymore. BUT YEAH! We’re going to do this! Also, I apologize already for the amount of exclamation points in the post already ha…!
So, let’s get to the nails!
Here’s what I used:
Now, if I remember correctly I was severely overtired and was aiming for something abstract when I painted this look….so, yeah, I think I nailed it (pun totally intended!) There is no inspiration photo or explanation as to how this design came about, but I thought it pretty neat.
- Start with one coat of Blaze.
- While that’s drying, paint some of Demetria onto a UberChic Mat.
- Let the polish set up a little bit and then start running a dotting tool the polish in random motions (the polish will kind of start to flake and peel while it dries.)
- Once the paint looks kind of scratched up, add a layer of topcoat.
- Let the decals dry.
- Working one nail at a time, add another layer of Blaze and apply a decal into the wet polish.
- Trim the excess decal and clean up.
- Then use a striping brush, detail brush, and acrylic paint to add on the random design (the messier the better!)
- Finish with a layer of Glossy Glam.
It’s kind of fun letting go of any expectations and just painting whatever the heck you want on your nails! I’m curious to hear what you guys think of this look. So, let me know down below and also tell me what you would have painted for day 1 of the challenge (:
Thanks for reading guys!