Happy Saturday lovelies! Yep, I’m still a day behind with the challenge but my rainbow nails were on my Instagram (which you can follow here if you’d like) yesterday. So, I’m going to act like I was on time 😛 Anywho, let’s get to the nails!
Here’s what I used:
I’m still working my way through all the new vinyls that I bought recently. In my head, if I’ve at least tried out 90% of them it will justify the purchase haha. For this look, I used these skinny zig zags. The vinyls worked really well for accomplishing this look, which was inspired by a rainbow quilt that I discovered on Generations Quilt Patterns.
- Start with two coats of Aspen.
- Then using a striping brush and black acrylic paint, add on the vertical stripes.
- Apply a layer of Glossy Glam and allow that to dry completely.
- Once that’s dry, lay down the small zig zag vinyls.
- Working one nail at a time, start adding the polish colors on using a detail brush (once both sides of a vinyl have polish around it, I suggest peeling it off. If you wait, the polish might dry too much and peel off with the vinyl.)
- Clean up.
- Finish with a layer of Glossy Glam.
As much as I love this look, it was such a pain in the butt to accomplish haha! Placing vinyls is something I still struggle with, but I’m glad I fought through it because these wouldn’t have worked out if I had attempted to freehand them. But, I’d love to hear what you guys think of this look! Also, what would you have painted for a rainbow design? Let me know down below!
Thanks for reading guys! Make sure to check out what the other ladies did down below and I’ll have some gradient nails up for you guys later!