I’m back with another post! Can you believe that we’re already on day eight of the twelve Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge? There’s nine days till Christmas and all I have for presents are a bunch of random art supplies in bags…HAHA I know how I’m spending my weekend 😅
Anywho, let’s get to the nails!
Here’s what I used:
This may be another one of those looks where Marisa went a little too far with the sparkles…..also, referring to yourself in the third person is cool. Uh, okay. Anywho, I came across this photo and figured it was perfect for this prompt!
- Start by applying one coat of The Full Monty.
- Add two layers of Fool’s Paradise.
- Once the base is dry use white acrylic paint (not pictured) and a detail brush to add on the basic shape of the bow.
- Going one nail at a time, paint over the white base with India.
- While India is still wet, dip the fluffy brush into the loose glitter and then lightly tap the brush over your nail.
- Once you’ve repeated steps four and five on all your nails and the polish has had time to dry, paint the outlines of the bows on with the gold acrylic paint and detail brush.
- Clean up.
- Add a layer of Glossy Glam.
This look is growing on me the more I look at it. There’s a lot to take in, but it’s kind of neat how the flakies in Fool’s Paradise give the base an almost “aged gold” look. The line work could be a better but I just bought my set of metallic acrylic paints and haven’t had much time to play around with it yet. What do you guys think? Is this something you would wear?
gifts // some products in this post were received as a present