Oh hi. Guys. Are you sick of me yet? I’m aware that three posts in one day is probably annoying, but I wanted to get these nails up for the Forty Great Nail Art Ideas challenge. This is the last month of the challenge, and I’m determined to finish out the reminder of the themes. Whether they are on time or not…well, that’s a different story haha (: So, let’s take a look at my book inspired nails!
Here is what I used:
The book I chose for inspiration is called Fifty Years Of Illustration and was written by Lawrence Zeegan and Caroline Roberts! I actually haven’t finished “reading” (there’s more pictures than words) this one yet. My schedule doesn’t really allow for a ton of free time at the moment, and I try to spend the little time that I do have at the gym or working on the blog. So, reading has unfortunately fell by the wayside for me.
- Start with two or three coats of polish (I think only my middle finger needed three coats) for your bases.
- Then using a striping brush, add on the diagonals to the middle two nails.
- While that is drying, paint the polka dots onto your index finger with a detail brush.
- Once done with that, move onto the squiggly design on the pinky.
- To finish the look off, add the polka dots onto the middle nails.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a layer of Wax That… (I suggest waiting a few minutes so you don’t smear the polka dots.)
I’ve included a bonus photo, so you can see the nails with their inspiration!
This is a pretty unusual look for me to be rocking, but I did like them while they lasted! Which, sadly, was only for a day. But, I forgot to add a layer of normal top coat under the matte one. So, I’ll take the blame. My favorite nail from this look is by far my ring finger! The orange stripes played so nicely with the golden shimmer in the base polish. The combination was stunning! Which nail is your favorite? Let me know below!
Thank you so, so, so much for reading guys! I promise I won’t bug you again until tomorrow 😛