Hello lovelies! Is anyone else getting hit with a massive snow storm today? I’m actually pretty excited about it, because I didn’t have to go to work today haha. Also, there’s seriously something magical about drinking a cup of coffee while watching the snow fall. Sounds totally sappy, but I highly recommend it. Anyways, it’s day two of the Digit-al Dozen’s art week. So, onto the nail polish!
Here is what I used:
- Start by applying two coats of Darcy.
- Then using a fan brush, add on Arizona, Cam and Play Koi.
- Once that is dry, paint a little random shape near your cuticle using the acrylic paint and a detail brush.
- Go over the acrylic paint with At Vase Value.
- Sponge For Audrey and Grass Is Lime Greener over the blue.
- Once that is dry, use a sponge to dab a dividing line of Carey between the two different sections.
- Then use various brushes and acrylic paints to add on the polka dot lines.
- Clean up.
- Finish with a coat of Glossy Glam.
So, what do you guys think? I love the contrast of the warm, distressed oranges against the softer blues and greens. That was definitely what drew me to this painting and why I decided to recreate it. Overall, I’m happy with the outcome! My cuticles look a little messy, but the art help distracts from that. This nail art is pretty fair out of my comfort zone, but I’m glad that I experimented with this look! Make sure to leave me a comment letting me know what you think.
Thank you guys so, so much for reading! Don’t forget to check back later for some more nail art!