I’m back again with a quick post of day 8 of the 33 Day Challenge. Sorry about the quick posts lately but here’s a run down of how my day went yesterday (Tuesday):
- Pulled an all-nighter doing homework
- Took a midterm that I studied for 30 minutes before the exam
- Did my homework for my 3rd class, during the class
- Left directly from class to head to the airport
- Sat at the airport for an hour
- Flew 2 and 1/2 hours from Albany to Chicago
- Sat in the Chicago airport for 3 hours
- Flew an hour from Chicago to Minneapolis
- Took a light rail train for almost a half hour
- Then walked 8 blocks to the hotel
It’s 1:45am as I write this post, and I have to be up at 7am to get ready for my first day of volunteering. In the past 60 hours, I’ve gotten 3 hours of sleep. My apologies if I’m being a little cranky but my body is getting to the point where its like shutting down.
But anyways, PRETTY NAIL
Chevrons and indie polish! Woo!
More after the jump:
Here’s what I used:
The indie is Love, Angeline’s Tea’lite. I bought this polish a while ago and just really wanted to use it so I did! It’s a beautiful, white base filled with aqua hexes and white squares. My only issue with this polish is that are a ton of glitters compared to the base, I only used 2 coats and the entire nail is almost all glitter. Regardless, I really love the color of this polish.
For the chevrons, I made little decals from tape and used them just like striping tape. I actually don’t own craft scissors so I painstakingly cut each individual chevron with my x-acto knife (have I mentioned that I think I have some sort of joint problem in my right hand? Hahaha whoops).
I loved the contrast of these nails and I think it was a nice integration of an indie polish and nail art!
What do you think of these nails? Do you like indies and nail art together? Let me know!
The Hush Sound – Lighthouse
Sorry again for my weird blogging lately, but things should be back together soon! I just need to get some sleep and to be back from this trip haha. Downtown Minneapolis is super beautiful though and our hotel is stunning! Ugh, I want to move here now!