Look who’s back again! Me!
It’s time for my 31DC post, so let’s get to it! Brownie points to anyone that can guess what song I was inspired by (:
Here’s what I used:
Did anyone guess? Maybe? Possibly? Probably not…Eh, anyways, these nails were inspired by the song Colors by Halsey! Mainly the lyric, “you’re dripping like a saturated sunrise.” If you’re looking for new music, I highly recommend her debut album, Badlands. It’s seriously the only cd I’ve been listening to during my commute to work since it came out in August, I love it so much haha!
- Start with two coats of Darcy.
- Then using the fluffy brush and other polishes, dry brush on your gradient. I learned this technique from Cotton Coney’s instagram!
- Add a layer of Fairy Godmother (previously reviewed here.)
- Apply a layer of Glossy Glam.
- Once that’s dry, paint on the drip pattern with liquid latex (I put the wrong brush in this photo, because I don’t recommend using a nice brush for this. I haven’t been able to get the stuff out bristles.)
- Then apply a layer a Genevieve.
- Peel off the latex.
- Clean up.
- Add another layer of Glossy Glam.
Aren’t these so cool? I’m actually really happy with how these turned out! I’ve been meaning to see if I could use the liquid latex to create designs, and it works as long as you don’t put it over lighter colors without topcoat. Yay!
press samples // some products in this post were previously provided in exchange for an honest review