I hope you all had a lovely weekend! Mine was spent working on some blogging stuff and finally catching on blog reading. I’ve been back from vacation for over a month….it’s seriously taken me this long to read all the back posts…..either I follow too many people or you blogging people need a hobby ;P (Also, sarcasm guys, because look who’s talking haha.)
Let’s get to the nails!
Here’s what I used:
Today’s theme is another one that is confusing, because, “inspired by a color?” What? I took mostly art/design classes in college and have a degree in design, and I don’t even know what that means….So, just like last year, I went for “inspired by a nail polish color.” It’s what Chalkboard Nails does and she’s the queen of this challenge, so that makes it okay!
- Start with two coats of Nyssa.
- Apply liquid latex around your nails (not totally necessary, but I’m sloppy and hate clean up.)
- Then dab the other creme polishes on your nail and use a plastic bag to smush the colors together.
- Clean up.
- Add a layer of Clouds In My Coffee.
- Use the paint and detail brush to add on some clouds.
- Clean up again if needed.
- Add a layer of Glossy Glam.
I’m so in love with these nails! My interpretation was a bit literal, but I does look like there’s really clouds in the coffee! And glitter, because glitter! I’ve wanted to try the smushy bag technique for so long but have always been scared of the clean up. I’m glad that I finally got over the fear and tried it, because I love how it looks! It really looks like you’re mixing creamer into your coffee….or at least I think it does…I started drinking black coffee my last year of school and haven’t looked back since….soooo praise caffeine! Woo!